Sunday, July 7, 2013

LYS Review-The Gourmet Yarn Company

I love stopping at local yarn shops when I travel.  It's great to see a new shop, check out some new yarn, and pick up a souvenir skein.  This trip I stopped at The Gourmet Yarn Company in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.  I was not disappointed.  This place is GREAT!  I really wish I had taken pictures.  It's a big, open shop with LOTS of all the great yarns we all love, a wall of needles (including tons of Addi Turbos), a great selection of patterns and books, an area in the back with sofas and chairs and very helpful friendly staff.  We're talking tons of  MadTosh, Malabrigo, Cascade, Berroco, Rowan, Spud & Chloe, Debbie Bliss, Lambs Pride, etc., etc., etc., with a large stock of colours and weights.  The wall of sock yarn almost made me feel faint.  And the prices were pretty reasonable, too.  I picked up a skein of Spud & Chloe Sweater for $14.50, which is about in the middle of its price range.  I think the MadTosh Sock was $18.50, a skein of Malabrigo lace was $27.50, a dollar less than I paid for the skein I bought in Florida.  So, really not bad.  And, they carried some indie dyers like Schaeffer yarns and some specialties like yak and qiviuk.  Even my non-knitting friend thought the shop was interesting.  I only wish we had such a huge and well stocked shop in Buffalo!

So, if you find yourself in OKC and need some knitting supplies or want a great yarn shop experience, I highly recommend The Gourmet Yarn Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment